We are currently seeking an entry level, regular full time Heat Equipment Technician to work out of our Calgary Heat & Power Branch. The successful candidate will provide regular service and maintenance to company-owned equipment and sub-contractor equipment in the shop with a focus on Thermobile Heaters.
This role requires frequent travel across Alberta, BC and Manitoba.
- Work as a part of the WesternOne team to achieve Heat Program, manufacturer & Western One corporate & branch goals;
- Traveling between Calgary and other heat branches in Alberta, BC and Manitoba to service Thermobile heaters for WesternOne;
- Ensure heaters are maintained to the manufactures standards;
- Acting as a liaison between WesternOne and Thermobile’ s authorized representative;
- Complying with certifications for assembly of gas trains and completing and maintaining all applicable paperwork;
- Ensure all equipment issues are timely resolved within standards set by the manufacturer and Western One;
- Performing all tasks safely, according to WesternOne's Health and Safety program.
- Gasfitter certificate is an asset, however technicians with strong mechanical and technical aptitude will be considered;
- 2+ years of experience servicing varied mechanical equipment;
- Experience servicing heaters and generators is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience within the construction rental industry is an asset;
- Preference will be given to those with existing knowledge and experience with Thermobile heaters;
- A team player who can also work independently and ability to work in high stress situations;
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be available to work weekends and OT when necessary.
- Clean drivers abstract is required.
WesternOne has the vision and dedication to become the largest Western Canadian equipment rental, service and sales company through acquisitions and branch development in key areas. During our growth, we will remain dedicated to servicing our customers and the people we work with.
Our specialized locations provide customers with equipment rentals and sales, fuels, and related services to support their businesses. These product offerings allow us to serve large scale construction projects, home builders, commercial constructors, industrial and movie industry customers.
We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service and providing quality equipment that is maintained by our certified, factory trained mechanics and technicians.
WesternOne is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who respond; however, please note that only those applicants being considered will be contacted.