We are currently seeking a certified Heavy Duty Mechanic/Auto Mechanic for our Calgary Heat & Power Branch.The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining our fleet of crane delivery and service trucks.
- Servicing and maintaining service trucks as well as construction equipment including but not limited to construction heaters, generators, skid steers and other diesel and propane powered equipment;
- Daily checks on equipment returning from customers;
- Oil Changes and Regular Maintenance;
- Delivery and Set Up of any equipment;
- Minor repairs on equipment;
- Trouble shooting equipment as necessary to assess service needs;
- Providing top level customer service to equipment users;
- Perform all work while following WesternOne's Safety program.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience working on a variety of diesel, dual fuel, hydraulic, propane and electrical systems;
- Certification as a Heavy Duty Mechanic or Auto Mechanic is required;
- Previous experience working as a Service Technician in equipment rental or construction industry is an asset;
- Those with a working knowledge of electrical, propane or hydraulic systems will be given preference;
- Comfortable working outdoors in any weather;
- Class 3 license with air brake endorsement is considered an asset;
- Willing and able to work some weekends and overtime;
- Professional demeanor and mutual respect for your co-workers and customers is required;
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean abstract.
WesternOne has the vision and dedication to become the largest Western Canadian equipment rental, service and sales company through acquisitions and branch development in key areas. During our growth, we will remain dedicated to servicing our customers and the people we work with.
Our specialized locations provide customers with equipment rentals and sales, fuels, and related services to support their businesses. These product offerings allow us to serve large scale construction projects, home builders, commercial constructors, industrial and movie industry customers.
We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service and providing quality equipment that is maintained by our certified, factory trained mechanics and technicians.
WesternOne is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who respond; however, please note that only those applicants being considered will be contacted.