We are currently seeking an entry-level candidate to fill a Yard Hand role at our Victoria branch. This position will require heavy lifting, loading and unloading of materials and equipment, parts pick-ups and minor administration duties.
This is a unionized position.
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone, and in person, to our Rental and Sales customers;
- Assist on the shop floor and in the yard with loading and unloading equipment;
- Ensure Branch and Corporate standards for order fulfillment are upheld;
- Produce reports as needed;
- Ensure contract pricing and discounts are properly executed;
- Write rental contracts;
- Work with our Service and Delivery team to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Pro-actively follow up with customers on a regular basis to receive feedback and provide solutions.
- A passion for customer service and at least 1+ year in a customer service-based role;
- 1+ years experience in a shop or yard with heavy equipment is required;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Must work well with computers and Microsoft Office;
- Mechanical background is preferred;
- Desire and ability to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team;
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license with a clean abstract.
WesternOne provides aerial lifts and temporary heat services. We service large scale construction projects, home builders, commercial constructors, industrial customers, movie customers and other speciality niches.
We have 15 locations in Western Canada with plans to extend throughout the rest of the country. We deliver outstanding service to our customers, and are industry leaders in our areas. Our mission is to help our customers do their jobs safer, easier and faster by being the experts in what we do.
WesternOne is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who respond; however, please note that only those applicants being considered will be contacted.