We are currently seeking an Aerial Equipment Technician for our Major Projects Division. This contract-based opportunity will be located in Yellowknife, NT. The successful candidate will be instrumental to WesternOne's success by providing a high level of service to our customers with quality equipment.
This is a contract position, with part time hours.
- Service and repair aerial equipment along with electric and hydraulic systems
- Perform preventative maintenance of our aerial fleet
- Maintain accurate records of any service completed.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of construction equipment and safe driving procedures.
- Travel to local customer job sites to perform work as required.
- 5 or more years of related experience working on a variety of aerial equipment and hydraulic and electrical systems as well as being comfortable working outdoors in any weather.
- A professional demeanor and mutual respect for your co-workers and customers is required.
- Previous experience working as a Heavy Equipment Technician in the equipment rental or construction industry is an asset as well as having your own tools.
- You must have strong trouble shooting experience and be accustomed to working independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- The ideal candidate must have a valid driver's license with a clean abstract.
- Must be able to work in the field Monday – Friday, for at least 40 hours. Work outside of regular business hours and on weekends may also be required from time to time.
WesternOne provides aerial lifts and temporary heat services. We service large scale construction projects, home builders, commercial constructors, industrial customers, movie customers and other speciality niches.
We have 15 locations in Western Canada with plans to extend throughout the rest of the country. We deliver outstanding service to our customers, and are industry leaders in our areas. Our mission is to help our customers do their jobs safer, easier and faster by being the experts in what we do.
WesternOne is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who respond; however, please note that only those applicants being considered will be contacted.